by Phil Keaggy
"[Jesus,] in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins... For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible... all things were created by him, and for him." Colossians 1:14-16
- The Maker of the Universe
- as man, for man, was made a curse.
- The claims of law which He hath made,
- unto the uttermost He paid.
- His holy fingers made the bow,
- which grew the thorns that crowned His brow.
- The nails that pierced His hands were mined
- in secret places He designed.
- He made the forest whence there sprung
- the tree on which His body hung.
- He died upon a cross of wood,
- yet made the hill on which it stood.
- The sky that darkened o'er His head,
- by Him above the earth was spread.
- The sun that hid from Him its face
- by His decree was poised in space.
- The spear that spilled His precious blood,
- was tempered in the fires of God.
- The grave in which His form was laid,
- was hewn in rocks His hands had made.
- The throne on which He now appears
- was His from everlasting years.
- But a new quarry crowns His brow,
- and every knee to Him shall bow.
- The Maker of the Universe,
- the Maker of the Universe,
- the Maker of the Universe.
Phil Keaggy's Official Web Site